2012-13 Presidential Scholarship Competition
The Erskine College Presidential Scholarship program identifies prospective undergraduate students who demonstrate an exceptional commitment to interdisciplinary academic excellence and well-rounded Christian authenticity.
Scholarship Essay and Academic Résumé:
In 600-1000 words, write an essay on ONE of the following topics:
1. In the first chapter of The Call, author and social critic Os Guinness explains that “calling is the truth that God calls us to himself so decisively that everything we are, everything we do, and everything we have is invested with a special devotion and dynamism lived out as a response to his summons and service.” In your opinion, how can you discover your “calling” in life?
2. Considering Erskine’s mission statement (below), why are you a good fit for Erskine College?
"The mission of Erskine College is to equip students to flourish by providing an excellent liberal arts education in a Christ-centered environment where learning and biblical truth are integrated to develop the whole person."
Along with contact information, please include the following:
- Extracurricular School Activities
- Service Projects
- Church Involvement
- After-School/Summer Employment
- An invitation to attend the Presidential Scholarship Semifinals Competition will be extended to semifinalists by Dec. 17, 2012.
- The semifinals competition will be held at Erskine College on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013, and will consist of interviews and other activities.
- An invitation to attend the Presidential Scholarship Finals Competition will be extended to 30 finalists by Jan. 28, 2013.
- The finals competition will be held at Erskine College March 15-16, 2013, and will consist of interviews and other activities.
- Recipients of the Presidential, Solomon, and Wylie Scholarships will be notified by March 25, 2013.
I pledge that all of the information provided in this application is true and accurate. All work contained in this application is my own. I understand that failure to provide accurate and true information or submission of work that is not my own may invalidate my admission to Erskine College.