DEADLINE EXTENDED to December 1.
Erskine’s most prestigious scholarships (offering full tuition or full tuition, room, and board) are awarded via a competition in January – February.
To be considered as an applicant for the PSC, please
1. Apply to Erskine College (start here)
2. Submit an academic resume (see below for requirements)
3. Submit an essay on one of the two topics outlined below
PSC application & materials are due in the Admissions office by
November 15 December 1.
The Presidential Scholarship is the most prestigious undergraduate scholarship offered at Erskine College. The scholarship is in recognition of the sixteen individuals who have served as presidents of Erskine College since its founding in 1839.The Presidential Scholarship covers tuition, room, board and fees for the winners (minus any state, federal, and outside scholarships or grants). The Scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of study and is valued at approximately $165,000.Students who apply for the Presidential Scholarship are also considered for the Solomon Award.
The Selection Process:
The Presidential Scholarship Selection Committee is looking for highly motivated and creative individuals whose activities reflect qualities of leadership and service in their respective schools, churches, and communities. When committee members review a student’s application materials, they will consider the following factors:
Outstanding academic performance in high school
School, church, and community involvement
Demonstrated leadership and service
Desire and potential to excel at Erskine
The Entry Deadline: December 1
Complete application to Erskine College and upload scholarship essay and academic résumé by Dec. 1.
Use the upload form at the bottom of this page to submit your résumé and essay.
Scholarship Essay and Academic Résumé:
In 600-1000 words, write an essay on ONE of the following topics:
1. At Erskine, we encourage students to go beyond simply preparing for careers and to consider the larger purpose of their lives. College is an excellent time to consider how your unique talents, interests, and opportunities fit into the bigger picture (your vocation or calling). How do you plan to use your college experience to explore your vocation or life’s calling?
2. Discuss how your personal interests, goals, and your approach to learning align with Erskine’s mission statement:
“The mission of Erskine College is to equip students to flourish by providing an excellent liberal arts education in a Christ-centered environment where learning and biblical truth are integrated to develop the whole person.”
Academic Résumé (limit: 2 pages & word docs only)
Along with contact information, please include the following:
Extracurricular School Activities
The semifinals competition will be held at Erskine College on Saturday, January 10, 2015, and will consist of interviews and other activities. Students invited to attend the semifinals competition will be notified by mail in December.
The finals competition will be held at Erskine College February 6-7, 2015, and will consist of interviews and other activities.